Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello everyone.

My visit to Dr. Richards this past Monday to check the "coumadin affect" in my blood went well and yielded the results I was hoping for. These visits are for an INR test which produces a ratio indicating the ability of blood to clot. I needed something in the 2.0-3.0 range with the objective being to get the blood so that it's not too thick and not too thin. My INR was 2.0 on the nose. This was good enough for me to be able to stop the heparin injections. I don't know about Amy but that prompted a big WOO HOO from me. Not that the injections were that uncomfortable, because they weren't, but at least it's that one less thing for Amy and I to have to remember each day. The INR testing continues, however, and I'll be going back to Dr. Richards at 8:15am tomorrow morning. We need to make sure that the coumadin dosage is able to keep the INR in the desired range.

Last Saturday Dan Gerstenhaber and I got lucky and squeezed a 21.5 mile bike ride in between some really nasty rain storms. My cycling strength is still non-existent but as always it was great to be out on the bike.

With the Philly LiveSTRONG event looming ever closer the team fundraising has really been kicked up a notch. The Philly team alone has now raised $22,792 and our overall team total is now over $32,500! GO TEAM MENTSCHEN!!

No comments: