Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday, August 21st.... status quo

Time for a quick update.
My INR blood test came up at 2.3 last week. That means that the coumadin dosage is perfect where it is and I was freed from the weekly visits to Dr. Richards. My next appointment isn’t until September 10th and he said that I’ll probably be able to come off of the coumadin by the end of September.

Aside from that the only excitement taking place right now is related to our first LiveSTRONG cycling event. And that will be taking place this weekend! The festivities start with a Fundraising Appreciation dinner on Saturday night in downtown Philly at the National Constitution Center. It is for those that have raised over $3,000 and thanks to your generous support I not only receive an invitation but since I’ve surpassed the $5,000 level I also get 2 additional tickets. It should be a blast. Three others from the Mintz’s Mentschen team will be there as well. Lance Armstrong will be speaking… lots of excitement as you can imagine.

The biggest news is that the Philly Mintz’s Mentschen group has exceeded $30,000 of fundraising. And the Austin team is very close to $10,000 despite their event being 3 months away! Very impressive numbers indeed. It’s all incredibly humbling and I hope to have the chance to thank our team again and again this weekend.

Oh!... I almost forgot to mention that my hair has started the slow process of growing back! There’s not too much happening with facial hair yet but I definitely have a decent crop of fuzz on my head. I’ll try to get some better pictures but for now please enjoy the one below.

No comments: