Monday, October 10, 2011

Treatment #40 here we come

As usual here is my pre-treatment hello.
Things have been going well and with the good weather we have had over this past weekend, and into today, I have been able to enjoy a 25-mile ride with Dan Nies yesterday and then a 32-mile solo ride today. Both rides were terrific. The ride yesterday was out of Washington's Crossing so it was a bit of a challenge but I made it through. My legs were a bit on the tired side today but there was no way that I was going to not get out and enjoy the weather. The flat route allowed me to stretch the miles a bit.

And, yes, tomorrow is treatment day. Not just any treatment mind you. This will be my 40th treatment since this all began in early 2008. There may be another before my next scan during the 2nd week of November but for sure I'll be taking a moment tomorrow to reflect on these past 4 years.

Our Mintz's Mentschen participation in Cycle for Survival 2012 is all set. We'll be involved as a "mega team" with 2 bikes in the event that is scheduled for Saturday, February 4, 2012 in Roslyn, Long Island. The spinning-based event is for a 4-hour shift so we'll have at least 8 mentschen participating. With the passing of co-founder Jennifer Goodman Linn this past summer the Cycle for Survival (CFS) event this year proves to be an emotional one. CFS raises money in direct support of clinical trial development for rare cancers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Last year the total amount raised was $4.8 million and since esophageal cancer falls into the category of "rare" cancers the CFS organization kind of hits home with me. I'm sorry for my continued requests for financial support but if you can support us with a small donation I'd appreciate it very much. Please click here for my personal fundraising page.

No comments: