Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday, September 18, 2011

As is typically the case I’m prompted to make this blog post because I have a chemo treatment tomorrow. I know that 2-3 weeks between posts isn’t particularly exciting but really things have been exactly that dull. And I’m not complaining.

With this being the close of my first 3-week cycle I was able to use that extra week to schedule a follow-up visit with my gastroenterologist, Dr. Dahr, and with the nice fall weather this weekend I was even able to hop on my bike for the first time since the Livestrong event.

I had had an endoscopy scheduled for this past February but we wound up cancelling that since I had the recurrence and needed to start my 2011 chemo treatments. Dr. Dahr agreed that we’d wait until the November/December timeframe which will be after my next PET/CT to schedule another endoscopy. Unless the PET/CT shows something that specifically needs to be investigated this next endoscopy will just be a follow-up to see if there’s been any change at the GE junction.

The bike ride yesterday with Dan Nies and his wife Kathy was awesome. I love riding in the cool Fall air and amazingly, despite not having been on my bike in a month, I was able to cover my usual 27-mile loop with no trouble whatsoever.

My next cycling event, as I have mentioned in recent blog posts, will be the Cycle for Survival spinning event. Our Mintz’s Mentschen team will have 2 bikes in the event on February 4, 2012 and we’ll have a minimum fundraising requirement of $2,000.

1 comment:

Erin said...

One of these days I hope I get the chance to ride with you, Dan, & Kathy.