Tuesday, May 24, 2011

And treatment continues...

A 2-week gap between posts….eek! Sorry about that.

I’m one week out from treatment #8 of 2011 and as I had mentioned in my last post this was also going to be the first opportunity for me to discuss the details of the May 2nd PET/CT scan with Dr. Richards. The discussion, with Sasha listening intently, was actually quite short since Dr. Richards and I are in complete agreement with regard to go forward treatment plans. The SUV 4.3 reading that showed in the scan clearly indicates that we’re not quite where we need to be for a treatment pause and so we continue. We’ll continue through the summer until the next quarterly scan which will be in early August. The biggest downside of this is that while I’ve enjoyed 3-week treatment intervals this month I’ll be returning to a 2-week cycle after treatment #9. Oh well.

Cycling has been going well and I was even able to ride this past Saturday in the MS Coast the Coast ride in support of my friend Mary Ellen Gervasini who was diagnosed 4 years ago with MS. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect since it was a treatment week for me and Amy was more than a little bit concerned. The weather gods came through with an absolute stunning day after a full week of rain and the topper was that I also felt terrific for the entire 25-mile route. It turned out to be one of those stop and smell the roses days that I won’t soon forget. The ride with my usual crew of Dan Nies, Grace, and Stephanie made for an awesome awesome day.

This Friday I head for Colorado with Sasha. The mission is to get her settled in her off campus digs while enjoying a bit of R&R with the Quinn’s. This means that I won't be home for my birthday but we'll just have to celebrate (at least a little) when I get back.

No comments: