Saturday, January 15, 2011

Déjà vu all over again, all over again

I spoke with Dr. Richards yesterday morning and I’m sorry to say that the results of the PET/CT were ridiculously familiar. I was expecting this and, therefore, I was prepared for it but nevertheless it was still disappointing to hear that the lesions on my liver have had some growth yet again.

Amy and I have an appointment to see Dr. Richards on Tuesday afternoon where the mission will be to decide on the chemo protocol that we’ll be using. In my mind this discussion with Dr. Richards could prompt a visit to Sloan-Kettering for a consultation and/or a prompt start of treatment by late next week. Dr. Richards has been in contact with MSKCC directly over these past 3 years so we may be able to reach out via telephone. I’d expect though that MSKCC would want to see the PET/CT so luckily I was thinking ahead and asked for a CD of the PET images before leaving Princeton Radiology on Thursday.

There’s not too much more to say until I get more details. I’ll post new information as quickly as it becomes available next week.

I will be making every effort to still ride in the Cycle for Survival on February 12th. Minimally I will be there to cheer on my Mintz’s Mentschen teammates. If you can consider a small donation I had included the link in my recent blog posts, below. Thanks!

As all of you know by now, over these past 3 years I've been blessed by friends that came together and formed a cycling team "Mintz's Mentschen" and we've collectively raised over $105,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation via their LiveSTRONG Challenge events. Dan Nies spoke with our amazing contact at LAF, Dylan Trakas, just yesterday. Dan had a follow-up email exchange with Dylan and I happened to notice the following in Dylan's signature block at the bottom of his email. It's definitely something that I had to share here. Words to live by that's for sure.

LIVESTRONG means doing my part to kick cancer in the face.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack,

Our thoughts, love and prayers are with you, Amy and the girls as you fight this once again. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Meanwhile we are looking forward to our evening out, and hope that you are feeling good for it!

love,
Sherry, Dan, Stephanie and Brittany

mrmets said...

Jack,

So great to hear that you had a great holiday with the kids. As the grow older, it is so hard as they seem to come and go as their lives take shape. Sounds like all the girls are doing great.

Once again, the fight has begun but you can do it. You continue to be a great inspiration to me and I am proud to call you teammate and friend.

Keep the faith, my prayers are with you on your next round, and I will see you in June with coach!!!

Mike