Saturday, February 14, 2009

Woops... forgot this one.

I knew that I’d forget something in my long blog post yesterday…

Last weekend was going to be my last opportunity for some outdoor cycling for a while so I definitely didn’t want to miss it. Since we were leaving for Colorado early on Sunday that left only Saturday for the ride. The weather forecast was for some warmer temps that on Saturday should have been in the mid-40’s so I was excited to hit the road as it had been a full month since I had been out for a ride.

Dan Nies and Stephanie Tobler joined me for the ride at Washington’s Crossing but of course the weather didn’t quite live up to the forecast. I think when we began the ride the temperature was a slim 31 degrees and mostly cloudy. As you might expect a few choice words were tossed around as we began the ride.

But, as is almost always the case the ride turned out to be an excellent one. We covered 26 miles including a couple of Washington’s Crossing climbs and by the end of the ride the sun broke through to warm us up. Bottom line is that the ride was everything I had hoped for. An opportunity to be on the bike, enjoying the outdoors, getting exercise and feeling alive, and most of all experiencing that all with good friends.

Priceless… LiveSTRONG.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Jack, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue with your treatments. Your Uncle Jack has been filling me in and I just wanted to take a moment to send some peace and strong healing vibes your way....